Primary School and Kindergarten as Society Builders
The MOT Programme Primary School and Kindergarten as Society Builders was established to create a common understanding in the local communities about the importance of adults’ engagement and behaviour towards children.
Objective: Collective responsibility to develop children’s robustness and mastery of life
When children experience quality of life, excitement, meaningful activities, great experiences, community, networks and social support, the local community will appear as a protector that works against social problems. Adults, as responsible culture builders, can contribute to create platforms of mastery and inclusion in their local communities. Adults can be role models who change lives.
Exclusion can have massive consequences for local communities and for the world. MOT wants to strengthen a common understanding and foundation of values among adults working closely with children.
Prerequisite before start-up Primary School and Kindergarten as Society Builders:
- The agreement is closely connected with the local community of a secondary school
- The MOT programme Robust Youth 12-16 being used in the secondary school
- The MOT programme School as a Society Builder being used in the secondary school
- Must represent at least 60% of all primary school children in the local community
- Must represent at least 60% of all kindergarten children in the local community
- Licensing agreement (commitment). Joint agreement between MOT and the primary schools and kindergartens (signed by each leader in the primary schools and kindergartens + person in charge of said area in the municipality/principal at secondary school)
- Primary School. MOT as a value supplier to the school leader and staff
- Kindergarden. MOT as a value supplier to the leader and staff
- The MOT philosophy for children’s parents and responsible adults at children’s leisure time activities.