The first ever Global courage to lead gathering found place last week at MOT-camp. Youth from all five MOT-countries were represented. In all there were 15 youth gathered and all of them were carefully selected by the country management in their countries.
– This camp was a confirmation of the path that I would like to take in life
From Norway Ellen Homstad, Sofie Kleinhans Krogsæter, Synnøve Fjeldstad and Jonas Blomberg were represented. From South-Africa Gary Newton Speelman, Julia Duminy and Jacqueline Carolus. From Denmark Li Ly, Alexander Dalager and Marius Kure. Latvia was represented by Rita Mihalovica and Maija Vilnite.
Gary Newton Speelman found the gathering very insightful:
– This week challenged us as individuals in terms of leadership. This camp was a confirmation of the path that I would like to take in life, Speelman says.
Future global leaders
During the camp the youth went through leadership challenges, team work exercises, outdoor activities, awareness rooms and reflection around values and the future. The main goal with this gathering was to strengthen the youth’s life skills, courage and an insight to who they are, what they want and what’s important to them. This also make them better leaders.
Rune Skanke who is the leader of MOT-camp believes these youths will be important in the future:
– It’s been a magical week. These carefully selected youth are practicing MOT’s values and have a talent for leadership. I am certain that these are future global leaders, Skanke says.
– These days have changed me in the most amazing way
Li Ly from Denmark says that she went home with a lot of new experiences and as a new person:
– These days have been the most inspiring days and I can’t wait to go back to my everyday life and live as a new person. Because these days have changed me in the most amazing way. I can’t tell you how. You just need to experience it yourself. It’s the best, Ly says.
MOT global is extremely proud to have these amazing youths with us. This is the future!