MOT Norway wants to strengthen apprentices to be themselves, care about others and stand up for their values through the programme “Lærling med MOT” (“Apprentice with MOT”).
There is no secret that the transition between school and working life can be a challenging time for many. MOT Norway wants to contribute to youths’ mastery in this phase of life. Therefore we have started the project “Lærlig med MOT”, which is an extension and reinforcement of our programme Robust Youth 16-25.
– When we develop robust youth who like themselves, have got energy to care for others they will act as positive contributors towards societal challenges like loneliness and exclusion. They will have good prerequsisitions to do well in their work-life when they are robust enough to handle the obstacles, says Wenche Loktu Skauge, core activity manager in Norway.
“Lærling med MOT» is a programme for apprentices during their apprenticeship and is a cooperation between MOT, the apprentice, their workplace and/or education facility. The programme is also meant to prevent challenges like bullying and loneliness in the apprenticeship.
– We want to make the apprentice aware of the importance of being a good role model. It is also important to strengthen their ability to be themselves, care about others and stand up for their own values.
The plan is that the programme will be fully launched by autumn 2023, but before that it will go through two testing phases. The first pilot was conducted at the end of October with apprentices in Tromsø, in cooperation with the training office ilære.
20 apprentices from the north participated and gained much from the gathering.
“The activities were fun and made me realise that communication, cooperation and leadership are major factors in how things are done”
“I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to take part in this.”
“The programme was good, and I hope it continues! It was an eye-opener for me and how I should be around others.”
The aim of «Lærling med MOT”:
- Develop and strengthen robustness in the apprentice
- Prevent challenges like bullying and exclusion in the apprenticeship
- Make the apprentice aware of the importance of being a good role model
- Strengthen the apprentice’s ability to be themselves, care about others and stand up for their own values
- Challenge the apprentice to get to know themselves better.